In 1990 Mike and Lynette Childs established their building company in Stratford, in the heart of Taranaki.
As a qualified Master Builder and Licensed Building Practitioner, Mike’s project portfolio quickly grew and he soon earned a reputation for combining quality workmanship and unique styling which helped to bring his client’s visions to life. Mike and Lynette’s strong project management skills also helped to deliver on projects within budget and on time.
Born and Bred in Stratford, Mike is a proud family man and is an active member of the Stratford Community. Mike has spent more than 25 years giving back to his home town as a volunteer fire fighter and relishes helping the Taranaki community where he can.
Mike and Lynette’s sons are now working for the family business under the New Style Homes brand, along with a dedicated team of craftsman who pride themselves in creating homes and buildings of value, longevity and beauty.
WHY CHOOSE US?
New Style Homes by Mike Childs will listen to your needs and help you to achieve your vision whatever your budget. When you choose New Style Homes, you’re choosing to construct a building which is of superior quality and delivers lasting value.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose New Style Homes to construct your next home, commercial or farm building.
- With a full 10 year NZ Registered Master Builders Guarantee, you will be assured that your home and investment will be safe, comfortable and will last for decades to come.
- We pride ourselves on delivering superior quality homes, commercial and rural buildings.
- We offer innovative design ideas and always keep up to date with the latest national and international trends.
- We care about our customers and will make the building process as easy and stress free for you as possible. And if you ever want to, you’re always welcome to drop by your project site and have a chat with our friendly team.
- As a valued customer, you will always come first. Mike and Lynette will listen to your needs and look after you every step of the way.
- We’re locally owned and operated and have over 20 years of building experience.